HUSTLE UNIVERSITY - If you can't find a way ... MAKE A WAY!

iPower Domain Name & Web Hosting

affiliate_link

Accept Credit Payments via PayPal

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

What does Def Jam mean to you?

B. Brown's thoughts: After watching the 2009 VH1 Hip-Hop Honors, I really looked back on what Def Jam Records meant to me and I must say that it was a great visit back in time!

Def Jam introduced me to my original favorite rapper of all-time, LL Cool J and my current favorite rapper of all-time Jay-Z! That is amazing!

When you look at hip-hop as a whole, Russell Simmons actually broke the mold by managing Run-DMC (actually signed to Profile Records) and taking them straight to the top of the charts and ushering hip-hop into the mainstream of the American Music landscape.

Check out what veterans in the game have to say about Def Jam:

Warren G - "By being at this event, I am certified as a vet in the game. People used to say I was a legend. And it was all good, but now to be honored with Def Jam ... Def Jam has been around for 25 years and I was with them for 15 of them. Ten Million albums sold and maybe more thanks to this show."

Nelson George - "I've known Russell Simmons, Chuck D, and Flavor Flav since before Def Jam, so it's amazing to see how large Def Jam has become. It's more than a label, it's a part of the culture. There are very few things in hip hop with real staying power and Def Jam is one of the few things still standing 25 years later."

--- Hip-Hop Weekly (HHW) Volume Four, Issue Twenty-Two pg. 21


B. Brown & the Bar-Red Entertainment Group Family salute Def Jam Records!

Long live Def Jam!!!

No comments: